How to use Jamf Parent to Manage Your Child's School-Issued Device
Jamf Parent is a free iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Android app that allows you to manage your children's school-issued iPads. Using Jamf Parent, you can restrict and allow apps and device functionality on your children's devices. You can only manage your children's devices between the following times: Monday through Friday from 4pm until 7:30am and all day on Saturday and Sunday.
Please be mindful that your child may need access to certain apps and time available to fulfill their homework requirements.
HOW TO USE THE JAMF PARENT APP (Part 1):
- First go the to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and install the Jamf Parent App.
- On your child's school-issued device, tap the Jamf Student app icon.
- Touch on the word Student in the top left corner
- Choose the option to Authorize Parent and a QR code will appear
- Open the Jamf Parent app on your device.
- Tap "Get Started".
- Tap "Scan QR Code". The first time you use Jamf Parent, you must allow Jamf Parent to access the camera to scan QR codes.
- Using Jamf Parent, scan the QR code on your child's device.
- When prompted, tap "Confirm".
Please see the following video for more detailed Install and Setup. NOTE: We use Jamf School to manage the school issued devices and you do NOT NEED to use the Sign In, but rather please use the scan OR Code option.
Jamf Parent - Install and Setup [V4BjDBS_e18].mp4 (video will download)
Watch on YouTube:
HOW TO USE THE JAMF PARENT APP FEATURES (Part 2):
Please watch this guide that provides step-by-step instructions on how to use the features in Jamf Parent to manage your child's school-issued device.
Jamf Parent Features.mp4 (video will download)
Watch on YouTube: